As students begin to develop their skills to an intermediate level new learning priorities start to emerge. The need for more varied vocabulary and grammatical structures presents itself if the student is to attain a higher level of fluency in English. The Academic English Certificate provides this by challenging and engaging students through a variety of themes chosen to develop their academic English skills and increase their ability to confidently express themselves in English.
Successful completion of IIBT’s GEC course, or IELTS Band 4 or equivalent.
Students will develop their English skills by engaging with range of themes and issues that are relevant to twenty-first century life. Themes include:
- work and employment
- city life
- travel and tourism
- marriage and relationships
The course content is delivered in a variety of formats, including:
- audio and visual media
Throughout the course students will be given the chance to practice and integrate their skills by producing:
- academic and communicative writings
- oral presentations
- classroom debates
- role plays and group activities
At the successful completion of the course, students will reach a level equivalent to IELTS Band 5.
Students will be able to:
- organise, synthesise, and analyse information from readings and listenings
- summarise and paraphrase texts and listenings and make informed inferences
- use a wide variety of grammatical patterns and vocabulary with accuracy
- develop and express their opinions and contribute to critical discussions
- speak confidently with reasonably clear and natural intonation and pronunciation
Check back soon.