Elite Academic English Certificate is for students who have already reached a high level of proficiency in English and need to be exposed to new challenges. Throughout the course, students will encounter and engage with a range of relevant topics in depth and detail.
Students will continue to develop their language skills while integrating their critical thinking abilities in a way that will prepare them for undergraduate study in English speaking universities, professional environments, and advanced level studies.
Successful completion of IIBT’s AEC course, or IELTS Band 5 or equivalent.
The topics have been selected to challenge and engage students intellectually. The topics include:
- the role of the media in society
- modern and traditional medicine
- economic development
- cross-cultural communication
- environmental issues
The course content is delivered in a variety of formats, including:
- audio and visual media
Throughout the course students will be given the chance to practice and integrate their skills by producing:
- academic essays
- communicative and creative writings
- oral presentations
- classroom debates
- role plays and group activities
At the successful completion of the course, students will reach a level equivalent to IELTS Band 6.
Students will be able to:
- organise, synthesise, and critically analyse information from readings and listenings with a high degree of accuracy
- summarise and paraphrase texts and listenings and make informed inferences
- confidently use a wide variety of grammatical patterns and specialised vocabulary with accuracy
- develop, express, and defend their informed opinions and contribute to critical discussions
- speak confidently with clear and natural intonation and pronunciation