IIBT’s GEE course is specifically designed for students who have no or little experience studying English. Small classes with lots of interaction with the native English speaking teacher will allow students to build their speaking confidence and begin communicating in English as soon as possible.
By immersing students in essential English vocabulary and introducing them to the basic structures of English, we aim to create a solid foundation for their future studies and ensure that they develop correct habits early in their learning.
The course consists of multiple units, and each unit is centred around a unique theme relevant to students everyday life. The themes include:
- family life and relationships
- different countries and cultures
- free time and activities
- life events
- food and cooking
- travel and holidays
Each unit will include concrete learning objectives to ensure students attain the relevant skills and successive units will build upon and incorporate the previous learning. Equal weight will be given to the five skills of:
The course content is presented in a variety of formats, including:
- audio and visual media
Students will also be encouraged to actively participate in the classroom through group activities and discussions.
At the successful completion of the course, students will reach a level equivalent to IELTS Band 3.
Students will be able to:
- talk about themselves and their interests
- display a range of vocabulary, and ask and answer questions, related to everyday life
- use common grammatical patterns with reasonable accuracy
- speak about past events and future plans
- comprehend, analyse, and interpret straightforward written texts and audio