Super Elite Academic English Certificate (SEA) is an advanced level course that will allow students to reach a high level of English proficiency. Students will be challenged to advance and refine their skills by exploring a variety of topics in depth.
As a high level academic course, the SEA course has a specific focus on preparing students for undergraduate study in English speaking universities. Students will be exposed to the language that is typical of such institutions and provide them with the analytical and critical skills that are required for high achievement.
The course will also familiarise students with the widely used IELTS examination and help them to develop the knowledge necessary for a high band score.
Successful completion of IIBT’s EAE course, or IELTS Band 6 or equivalent.
The topics have been selected to challenge and engage students intellectually. The topics include:
- Globalisation and its effects
- Money and enterprise
- Social behaviour
- Technical analysis
- Varieties of English
The course content is delivered in a variety of formats, including:
- Audio and visual media
Throughout the course students will be given the chance to practice and integrate their skills by producing:
- Academic essays
- Communicative and creative writings
- Oral presentations
- Classroom debates
- Role plays and group activities
At the successful completion of the course, students will reach a level equivalent to IELTS Band 7.
Therefore students will be able to:
- Achieve an IELTS band score that will give the student access to many international universities.
- Understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meanings.
- Express their ideas fluently and spontaneously.
- Use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic, and professional purposes.
- Produce clear, well structured, detailed texts on complex subjects and show controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors, and cohesive devices.