IIBT’s “English for Accounting and Finance” is a 12 week intensive, specialised course designed to quickly improve students abilities and confidence in using English in the financial sector.
The course will be suitable for any person who currently:
- is employed in an accounting / finance department
- owns, or manages a business
- is a accounting / finance student, or potential student
- has an interest in the financial sector.
Students will encounter a range of vocabulary, phrases, and grammar specific to accounting and finance from readings from leading business and financial magazines, case studies, television broadcasts, and more.
Some of the topics that are covered in the course include:
- financial reports and statements
- international trade and foreign exchange
- asset management
The course has a strong practical component, and students will have the chance to improve their skills through task based learning. Some of the tasks include:
- analysing and writing financial reports
- managing investments
- participating in meetings
- business correspondence
IIBT’s English for Accounting and Finance is an intermediate level course. Therefore students will need to be reasonably proficient English users. This correlates to an IELTS band score of at least 4.5.