IIBT’s “English for Agriculture” is a 12 week intensive, specialised course designed to quickly improve students abilities and confidence in using English in the agricultural and related sectors.
The course will be suitable for any person who currently:
- is working in the agricultural or related sectors
- is an agricultural student, or potential student
- has an interest in agriculture
Students will encounter a range of vocabulary, phrases, and grammar specific to agriculture from readings from leading agricultural textbooks, case studies, multimedia presentations, and more.
Some of the themes that are covered in the course include:
- agronomy and soil science
- animal sciences
- farm management and production systems
- food processing and marketing
The course has a strong practical component, and students will have the chance to improve their skills through task based learning. Some of the tasks include:
- problem solving dilemmas
- analysing case studies
- presenting solutions
- technical drawings and diagrams
- business correspondence
IIBT’s English for Agriculture is an intermediate level course. Therefore students will need to be reasonably proficient English users. This correlates to an IELTS band score of at least 4.5.