IIBT’s “English for Engineering” is a 12 week intensive, specialised course designed to quickly improve students abilities and confidence in using English in the engineering and technical sectors.
The course will be suitable for any person who currently:
- is working in engineering, manufacturing, construction, mining, petroleum, or other related fields
- owns, or manages an engineering firm or related business
- is a engineering student, or potential student
- has an interest in engineering, science, and technology
Students will encounter a range of vocabulary, phrases, and grammar specific to engineering from readings from leading engineering textbooks, case studies, television broadcasts, and more.
Some of the topics that are covered in the course include:
- automation and robotics
- computer and telecommunications technology
- materials science
- project management
- technical development and design
The course has a strong practical component, and students will have the chance to improve their skills through task based learning. Some of the tasks include:
- problem solving dilemmas
- analysing case studies
- presenting solutions
- technical drawings and diagrams
- business correspondence
IIBT’s English for Engineering is an intermediate level course. Therefore students will need to be reasonably proficient English users. This correlates to an IELTS band score of at least 4.5.