The IIBT Pre-Masters Pathway Programme (PMP) is designed to assist graduates of a recognised three year diploma to undertake Masters Degree studies in Australia.
The Programme has a strong focus on the English language, research methods and communication skills required for post graduate study in Australia. Included in the Programme is the completion of a comprehensive Research Project which reinforces the concepts and skills addressed throughout the year.
OBJECTIVES FOR IIBT
The overall objective of the Pre Masters Programme is to assist the student make the transition from the undergraduate Vietnamese academic system to the Australian post graduate model. In doing this, students will progress from rote learning to critical analysis; from directed studies to independent learning. IIBT will endeavour:
1. To adopt suitable curriculum approaches where necessary in order to meet students’ needs and the requirements of a Western education.
- To endeavour to provide effective classroom environments in which students can learn to their maximum potential.
- To encourage independent learning by the student.
- To encourage the use of technological resources.
2. To encourage understanding of/and integration into Australian culture.
3. To familiarise students with Australian academic life and study practice.
4. To develop their research and presentation skills.
5 To assure that students have reached a basic level of computing and mathematics.
6. To help students achieve the level of English required by the end of the first semester to commence the visa application and academic studies.
7. To develop an English vocabulary that supports students in their undertaking of the postgraduate units.
STUDENT OUTCOMES FOR THE PRE MASTERS PROGRAMME
1. Students will be able to use their knowledge of academic terminology and phrasing, essay writing style and academic referencing for university papers.
2. Students will be able to use their increasing academic and technical vocabulary with confidence to conduct short presentations in class.
3. To an advanced level, students can listen to, understand and critique verbally delivered materials.
4. To an advanced level, students can read, critique and comprehend written argument.
5. Students will clearly understand the expectations of Australian university post graduate study requirements.
6. Students will demonstrate study and research skills consistent with post graduate university study.
7. Students will be able to research, and explore relevant information on the internet.
8 Students will be able to participate in group work.
9. Students will achieve the required IELTS results.