OBJECTIVES FOR IIBT
The overall objective of the 1+3 Program is to assist the student to start the transition from the Vietnamese academic system to the Australian model. In doing this, students will start the progress through rote learning to critical analysis, and from directed studies to independent learning. Students will also be assisted by IIBT in their application for their Student Visa with the Australian Department of Immigration, thus creating a seamless pathway toward studying in Australia. The completion of the visa process is an added motivator for the students to succeed in their studies. IIBT will endeavour:
1. To adopt suitable curriculum approaches where necessary in order to meet students’ needs and the requirements of a Western education.
- To provide effective classroom environments in which students can learn to their maximum potential.
- To encourage independent learning by the student.
- To encourage the use of technological resources.
2. To encourage an understanding of, and integration into, Australian culture by the student.
3. To familiarise students with Australian academic life and study practice.
4. To help students have a clearer understanding of Western Science and Western Business practices.
5 To ensure students reach a basic level of computing and statistics.
6. To assist students reach IELTS 5.0 by the end of the first semester in order to commence the visa application; and obtain IELTS 5.5 – 6.0 by the end of the year
7. To develop an English vocabulary that supports academic life
STUDENT OUTCOMES FOR THE FOUNDATION COURSE
1. Students use their knowledge of academic terminology and phrasing in essay writing, including academic referencing for university papers.
2. Students use their increasing academic and technical vocabulary with confidence to conduct short presentations in class.
3. Students are able to comprehend and critique verbally delivered materials to an intermediate level.
4. Students are able to critique and comprehend written argument an intermediate level.
5. Students can clearly understand the expectations of Australian university study requirements.
6. Students can demonstrate study skills consistent with university study.
7. Students can research and explore relevant information on the internet.
8. Students are able to participate in group work.
9. Students are able to achieve the required IELTS results.